– There are just few cities in the world, which can claim as impressive a mix of economic power, affordability, modernity, and geographic location as Santiago/Chile.
– Jobs for both non-natives and locals, coming from the international business, which drives.
– Excellent medical facilities, life expectancies higher than the global average and a low rate of heart disease among males, as shown by a recent World Health Organization report, make health care in Santiago comparable to that in any first world city.
– Currently, South America’s tallest building is being constructed in Santiago; indeed, the city is becoming one of the emerging global centers of the Western Hemisphere.
– Has one of the cleanest, most efficient subway systems in the world.
– Wine, pisco (the national liquor), complement dancing. The nights out can turn big, especially in the city’s bohemian quarter, Bellavista, where the clubs are open until 3 or 4 a.m. all nights of the week.
– If you need to get away for the weekend, Santiago is at one hour from both ski and surf. The climate often compared to that of California, is favorable for hiking, river rafting, snowboarding, and scuba diving.
WHY YOU SHOULD LIVE IN SANTIAGO IN 2009
– A recent article in The Economist, reports that the smart government monetary planning is helping the Chilean economy to sustain only a mild downturn in spite of the global recession. Financially, Santiago looks like one of the best places to be in 2009.
– Soccer is very popular in Santiago; four teams make their home here.
– Santiago is also usually a stop on the tours of the world’s biggest bands: The Police, 50 Cent, Madonna, Nine Inch Nails, and Incubus have stopped here in the past two years. Fortunately, concert tickets cost about half of what you’d would expect to pay in the U.S.
– Santiago offers entertainment and nightlife inexpensively and with a particular enthusiasm.
– Santiago seems like an island of stability in an ocean of bad news with job security in question for many people.
– Average cost of a pint of beer in a bar in this city is $ 2.00 (Top 29 AVG $4.48).